Continuing & Professional Education Enroll and Online Learning
Home Admissions FAQs
Admissions FAQs Print E-mail

What do I need to apply?

The application instructions include specific information about the application process as well as the admission standards, which vary by program.

Where do I send my application?

CPE Admissions
6th floor, Goodell
140 Hicks Way
UMass Amherst
Amherst, MA 01003-9272

When is the deadline?

  • PRIORITY October 1 for spring admission. Applications will continue to be accepted until October 15 if space is available.
  • PRIORITY April 15 for fall admission. Applications will continue to be accepted until May 1 if space is available.
  • February 1 for the RN-BS program (fall admission) and January 15 for Second Bachelor's in Nursing program (summer admission)

When will I find out if I'm accepted? 

  • Admissions is done on a rolling basis. Completed files will be reviewed and decided upon on a first come first serve basis for each semester. Decision letters are sent out as decisions are determined.

How do I apply for financial aid? 

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application for financial aid at UMass Amherst.

Can CPE students apply to transfer into the University?

  • A maximum of 15 CPE course credits completed prior to matriculation into a degree program can be applied toward the 45 residence credits required for graduation.
  • Grades earned in CPE courses will not count toward your grade point average.
  • Credits will be evaluated by Transfer Admissions at the time of admission.
  • There may be restrictions on the application of certain CPE courses toward your undergraduate degree requirements. Please contact the program department for more information on restrictions.
  • For more information, contact Transfer Affairs at 413-545-0222

I'm a Veteran. Where can I get information about applying to a CPE-administered Undergraduate Program?

Click here for information about application, admission and military credits.

Are there services for veterans on campus? Where can I get information on the GI bill? 

The UMass Amherst Veteran Services staff is available to assist you with veterans’ benefits.

English isn't my first language. How do I meet the English Language Proficiency requirement?

You must demonstrate English Language Proficiency through one of the following exams:

  • SAT-I critical reasoning score of 400 or higher
  • Minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) 80 (internet-based)
  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 or higher
  • For applicants from Puerto Rico, a PAA English score of 600 or higher
  • For information about an English as a Second Language (ESL) exemption, see the application instructions.
Interested in Online Learning?