Continuing & Professional Education
Home Admissions Transfer Credits
Transferring to a CPE Program Print E-mail

While programs offered through Continuing & Professional Education (CPE) at UMass Amherst are not specifically MassTransfer approved, we do honor the MassTransfer Block (MTB). This block satisfies the completion of general education (GenEd) requirements with the ability to add 2 additional courses, one of which being Integrative experience and a possible Diversity course, if the student hasn’t completed another US or Global diversity course.

Some other helpful distinctions:

  • CPE at UMass Amherst will waive the application fee for MA Community College graduates (or current students in their last semester).
  • CPE requires an essay and resume as part of the transfer application.
  • CPE tuition and fees
    • Please consult the program in which you wish to enroll for specific costs (they may vary).
    • We do not 'tuition credit' (formerly called a waiver)
    • We do not freeze tuition and fees upon entry
    • We do not offer any end-of-semester rebate

Looking to transfer credits from a Massachusetts community college? You will need to get your transcript, click on the community college link to find out how.

Interested in Online Learning?