For information about traditional, on-campus undergraduate degree programs, please contact UMass Amherst Admissions Office.
What do I need in order to apply to UMass Amherst CPE undergraduate degree programs?
The application instructions include specific information about the application processes for CPE undergraduate degree programs, as well as the admission standards, which vary by program. To complete an application, click here.
Where do I send my application materials?
Send all application materials to:
100 Venture Way
Hadley, MA 01035-9430
When is the application deadline?
Applications must be received by:
- October 1 for spring admission
- April 15 for fall admission
- February 1 for the CPE Nursing programs (RN-BS & Second Bachelor's in Nursing)
When will I find out if I’m accepted?
- Applications for fall admission are reviewed in the middle to late spring, with decisions usually sent out by the end of June.
- Applications for spring admission are reviewed in November, with decisions usually sent out by mid-December.
- Students applying to the CPE Nursing programs will receive a decision by the end of March.
English isn’t my first language. How do I meet the English language proficiency requirement?
If your native language isn’t English, you must demonstrate English language proficiency through one of the following exams:
- SAT-I critical reasoning score of 400 or higher
- Minimum TOEFL score of 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based)
- IELTS score of 6.5 or higher
- For applicants from Puerto Rico, a PAA English score of 600 or higher
- For information about an ESL exemption, see the application instructions.
How do I apply for financial aid?
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application for financial aid at UMass Amherst. You must complete the application to be considered for federal, state and UMass Amherst student financial aid programs. For more information, see http://www.umass.edu/umfa/cpe/.
Note: Your name, social security number, and birth date on 1) your application for admission, 2) your social security card, and 3) your FAFSA must match exactly in order to avoid delays processing your financial aid application.
Are there services for veterans on campus? Where can I get information on the GI bill?
The Veterans Affairs staff, located in the Dean of Students Office, is available to assist you with veterans’ benefits. For more information, see http://www.umass.edu/veterans/ .