University-Scheduled (non-CPE) Classes
How much do they cost?
For undergraduates (including non-degree undergraduates):
Undergraduate class: $371/credit
Graduate class: $438/credit
Additional fees: Registration fee: $47/term (non-refundable)
Class fees for graduates (including non-degree graduates) are determined by the Bursar's office.
How do I register?
Undergraduates in degree programs offered through CPE:
- Register directly in SPIRE
Non-degree undergraduate-level students:
- A list of classes is posted one week before classes start. Instructor permission is required to take a class that isn't on the list. For classes on the open course list, write "open course list" in the instructor signature line.
- Complete an instructor permission form and either fax to the CPE Registration Office at 413-545-0513 or return to CPE Registration/Registrar 213 Whitmore Bldg, UMass Amherst, 181 Presidents Dr., Amherst, MA 01003-9313
- Registration begins one week before the start of classes
Graduate students (including non-degree graduates):
- Contact Graduate Records at 413-545-0024,
Need help? CPE Registration Office: