How to Promote Your Class
Word of Mouth/Print Materials:
- Announce your classes during the term before your CPE class begins.
- Talk to advisors and other instructors and ask them to refer students your way.
(Recommendations from faculty and advisors play a crucial role in students' decisions to enroll in classes.)
- Post fliers/posters (in your office, hallways, classrooms, etc.) describing the class(es) you will be teaching.
- Hand out bookmarks and promotional items.
- If you have your own website, newsletter, Facebook page or blog, add a few lines about your classes or make a 2 minute video of you talking about the course and post it. Make sure to include a link to the CPE website (www.UMassULearn.net)
- Ask students you know to post info about the course on their own Facebook page or via other social media outlets.
- If you would like to advertise your class on CPE's Facebook or Twitter, email
with the title and a short description of your class.
- Send an e-mail message to students suggesting they consider enrolling in your classes; be sure to include the UMass Amherst CPE website link: www.UMassULearn.net
- Ask your dept and school to add info about CPE classes to the home page of their sites with a link to www.UMassULearn.net
- If your class is relevant to any professional associations, let them know about it and ask them how they might help publicize it.