The Yestermorrow-UMass Semester in Sustainable Design/Build
Immerse yourself in a cutting-edge, hands-on design/build project while earning college credit.*
The Yestermorrow-UMass Semester in Sustainable Design/Build is an off-campus study program in Central Vermont. Running from mid-August through early December, the program will immerse up to 16 students in the hands-on collaborative process of designing and building an architecturally innovative high performance building. Under the guidance of Yestermorrow's expert faculty, students explore the theory of sustainable design and acquire and apply the technical skills required to turn a carefully considered design into a successful structure. (Five undergraduate level courses.)
Students interested in this program must first apply through Yestermorrow.
- Full-time, matriculated UMass students, please contact Stephen Schreiber (
) in the Architecture + Design Program for course registration instructions.
- All other accepted applicants will be instructed in the course registration process by Yestermorrow. Note: Permission of the instructor is required for registration. You will not be able to register until you’ve been accepted by Yestermorrow.
- For more information, visit www.Yestermorrow.org or contact Eric Cook at Yestermorrow (
- UMass students, contact Stephen Schreiber
* All credits transferable at the discretion of the student's home institution.
Fall 2014 Classes By Program