Yestermorrow-UMass Semester in Sustainable Design/Build
The Yestermorrow-UMass Semester in Sustainable Design/Build offers the opportunity to explore interdisciplinary, whole-systems thinking while developing fundamental technical skills in architecture and construction.
The full-immersion, credit-bearing semester in green building and design complements architecture, building science, engineering, and environmental design majors and has wide application in liberal arts curricula.
- Gain important hands-on skills developing an architecturally innovative high -performance shelter
- Explore concepts of sustainability through practice
- Work with expert instructors who are professional designers and builders
- Add practical and relevant experience to your professional resume
- Open to college students, recent graduates, and professionals
- The only pre-requisite is self-motivation—no previous architecture or construction experience necessary
- Financial aid may be transferable
Students interested in this program must first apply through Yestermorrow.
- Full-time, matriculated UMass students, please contact Stephen Schreiber (
) in the Architecture + Design Program for course registration instructions.
- All other accepted applicants will be instructed in the course registration process by Yestermorrow. Note: Permission of the instructor is required for registration. You will not be able to register until you’ve been accepted by Yestermorrow.
- For more information, visit www.Yestermorrow.org or contact Eric Cook at Yestermorrow (
- UMass students, contact Stephen Schreiber