Continuing & Professional Education Enroll and Online Learning
Home Enrollment
How to Enroll Print E-mail

Step 1: You need an active record in SPIRE. If you are:

  • new student (including those who have applied for admission but wish to take classes before their official admit term); OR
  • An inactive student (has been away from University for at least two terms)

Complete this form

Step 2: You need a CPE enrollment appointment in SPIRE.

Step 3: Enroll yourself in SPIRE. Click for a pdf or video tutorial.


  • Undergraduate, on-campus student enrolling in Fall or Spring classes. Enrollment for Fall CPE classes does not begin until June 5th. Please check this page then for a link to the appropriate enrollment form.
  • Student who is ONLY taking Non-credit classes, click here.
  • Student enrolling in:
    • Winter School for Turf Managers – call 413-545-5202
    • Power Up for College Success (UNIVRSTY 191A) – click here to enroll
    • MTEL Prep Workshops – call 413-545-2701
    • Students wishing to enroll in Non-CPE (University-scheduled) classes, click here.

We regret that Continuing & Professional Education at UMass Amherst cannot enroll students who are residents of Alabama or Arkansas due to laws of those states pertaining to distance education.

Need help? Contact This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it , 413-545-3653 or 800-922-8211

Interested in Online Learning?