Thanks for enrolling! Our goal is to provide you with the details about how your enrollment request will be processed and the next steps for you to take. Questions? Contact the CPE Registration office at
, 413-545-3653 or 800-922-8211.
**Please bear with us as we transition to a new enrollment procedure for non-degree students.**
Your enrollment request:
- If you submitted your enrollment request through the UMassULearn website (instead of directly in SPIRE) it normally takes 1-2 days to process your enrollment, except during heavy registration periods when it could take 3-5 days.
- You are responsible for all class charges unless you officially drop your class before the end of the add/drop period. Failure to attend or pay your bill does not constitute official withdrawal.
Are you a new student?
- You'll receive emails to your home email account with your NetID, temporary password and SPIRE ID within one week of registering.
- Activate your UMass email account as soon as you receive the information. All official UMass communications will be sent to this account.
- Check SPIRE for enrollment confirmation, course schedules, grades, payment due and financial aid status.
to your "safe address" list to prevent emails from being blocked.
- Verify that your UMass Amherst email account is active. Problem? Contact OIT at 413-545-9400 or oit.umass.edu.
Taking an online class?
- Online access to classes is available 1 week before the class begins.
- To log into your class, go to your Class Schedule on SPIRE; click on computer-screen icon. Log into your class by using your Net ID and Password (same credentials used to log into SPIRE).
- To easily log in to SPIRE, Moodle, or UMass Google Mail, you may also visit http://www.umass.edu/ and click on the corresponding link in the upper right corner.
- Check that your financial aid has been packaged in SPIRE.
- Check your UMass email for notification of bill generation.
- Check your balance due in SPIRE. Paper bills are not generated.