Payment of Fees
Bills are usually generated once/month. Notification will be sent to your UMass email account OR to the email address that we have on file. Paper bills are not generated.
Agency/Corporate Billing: We must have a purchase order or letter of authorization on file. Paperwork should be sent to address below.
- Cash or Credit Card
- Check: Make payable to the University of Massachusetts and include your name and Student ID number. Mail to:
UMass Bursar's Office Attn: CPE
215 Whitmore Bldg
181 President's Dr.
Amherst, MA 01003
Important: In order to be eligible for a refund, you must OFFICIALLY drop your class by the end of Add/Drop. Notifying the instructor or ceasing to attend class does not constitute an official drop or withdrawal. See our Refund Policy for more information.
CPE Class Fees:
- Fees for classes can be found in the Restrictions/Notes section on the class in SPIRE.
- Independent Study/Practicum/Thesis/Dissertation/Internship fees:
- Undergraduate: $195/credit
- Graduate: $220/credit
Non-CPE (University-scheduled) Class Fees:
- Undergraduate-level students (including non-degree): $390/credit, plus CPE Campus Fee $216/credit (total $606/credit)
- Graduate-level students (including non-degree): see Bursar's website for rates
In addition to the fees above, a non-refundable registration fee will be assessed as follows:
- Credit class: $47/term; non-refundable
- Non-Credit class: $6/term; non-refundable
Graduate Service Fee: One-time, non-refundable $357 fee (entering graduate students only)
Undergraduate Entering Fee: One-time, non-refundable $135 fee applies to all undergraduate students admitted in Fall 2012 or later. Students admitted prior to Fall 2012 will continue paying the $75 Undergraduate Commencement Fee.
Undergraduate Commencement Fee: Undergraduate students who were admitted prior to Fall 2012 are assessed a $75 fee during the semester of graduation.
, 413-545-0337 or visit the Bursar website.