How you enroll in Continuing & Professional Education (CPE) classes depends on the type of student you are. Click on the appropriate link below for enrollment instructions.
- Non-Degree student - Student who is taking credit-bearing classes but is NOT pursuing a UMass Amherst degree OR taking credit-bearing classes in a term prior to a term in which they are matriculated at UMass Amherst.
- Matriculated Graduate student - Student who has been officially accepted into a degree-seeking, graduate-level program through the UMass Amherst Graduate Admissions office.
- Matriculated Undergraduate or Post-Graduate student - Student who has been officially accepted into a degree-seeking, undergraduate-level program through the UMass Amherst Admissions office.
- Non-Credit student - Student in non-credit (NC) classes only. Note that NC classes do not offer any academic credit to anyone. (Students in credit-bearing classes who do not want academic credit should enroll as a non-degree student, then choose 'Audit' as their grading basis). All non-credit students must complete a registration form with the exception of students enrolling in:
Winter School for Turf Managers - call 413-545-5202
MTEL Prep Workshops - call 413-545-2701
To enroll in Power Up for College Success (Univrsty 191A - Summer term only), go to www.umassulearn.net/powerup-enroll
If you need help in identifying the type of student you are or have any other questions, please contact us at
, 413-545-3653 or 800-922-8211.
Missed the add deadline but still need to enroll?
- Adds are NOT allowed after the semester midpoint
- A $60 late fee will be charged for each late enrollment
Graduate students: Complete a Graduate Late Add/Drop form
Undergraduate students: Complete a Undergraduate Late Add Petition
Once you've enrolled in your class, check out our registration checklist for next steps.
***We regret that the Division of Continuing & Professional Education at the University of Massachusetts Amherst cannot enroll students who are residents of Alabama or Arkansas due to laws of those states pertaining to distance education.***